Leek maki rolls by Gaël Orieux
The starred chef of the restaurant Auguste in Paris came up with a great way to revisit the French leeks vinaigrette but, this time nothing is wasted. Found out more about this fresh and delicious version of maki with leeks vinaigrette and keep hidden the traditional recipe in the cupboard.
- 1 leek
- Nori Seaweed Sheets
- 2 scallions
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Step 1 – Leeks cooking
- Separate the green from the white part of the leek. Keep the green leaves for making soup!
- Bring to a boil the white leeks in salt water and cook between 15 to 30 minutes.
- Leeks must be very soft.
- Instantly put them in ice water.
Step 2 – Ginger vinaigrette
- Peel the ginger.
- Peel the first layer and slice the scallions.
- In a bowl, put the scallions and grate on top the ginger.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fleur de sel.
Step 3 – Maki with leeks
- Cut the ends of the cooked leek.
- Roll the leek in the Nori sheet one to two times and cut the excess off.
- Humidity will glue the sheet together if not, lightly tap water on top.
- Cut the same size maki rolls.
Step 4 – Presentation
- Place the makis on the plate to form a circle.
- Pour a bit of vinaigrette and decorate with baby leaves.
Enjoy tiny chef!