Soft-boiled egg and spinach coulis by Eric Bouchenoire
It is with great pleasure that we meet again with our dearest friend – Eric Bouchenoire – in the kitchen of Boutique Dassaï – Joël Robuchon. You have now the opportunity to start loving spinach because chef Eric Bouchenoire has found the recipe that will bring back childhood memories: soft-boiled egg and toast soldiers accompanied with his delicious spinach coulis.
- 1 egg (50-55 gr)
- 200 gr spinach baby leaves
- Whole Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- 10 cl single cream
- Toast soldier
- Pink peppercorn
- Espelette pepper
- 20 gr Wasabi paste
- Kosher salt
Step 1 – Egg cooking
- Bring water to a boil in a small pan and add a hand full of Kosher salt. The egg peel will come off a lot easier.
- Gently immerse the egg and cook for 6 minutes.
- Once time is over, put in ice water to fix the cooking and peel.
Step 2 – Spinach and wasabi coulis
- Warm up the single cream.
- Blend 150 gr spinach, wasabi paste, ground pepper and the warm single cream.
Step 3 – Presentation
- Take your nicest dish plate and pour a tablespoon of spinach coulis.
- Powder up the peeled egg with mignonette and pink peppercorn.
- Place in the middle of the coulis.
- Seize the toast soldier and dress up with parmesan shavings.
- Embellish your coulis with 7 balsamic vinegar dots.
- Place the soldier on top of the soft-boiled egg.
You are ready to savour a meal rich in flavours and vitamins!