White asparagus by Eric Bouchenoire
Executive chef of Atelier Joel Robuchon – Eric Bouchenoire – tells us more about his healthy and zero-waste recipe of white asparagus that you can devour with its dressing. It is right on time for a resfreshing summer.
- 5 white asparagus
- 60gr strong mustard
- 25gr Meaux mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 10gr Acacia honey
- 1 hard boiled egg
- ½ chopped chives
- 10cl grape seed oil
- 10cl sake
- 20gr kosher salt
- Espelette chili
- Fleur de sel
Step 1 – Asparagus preparation
- Remove each asparagus’ scale.
- With a peeling knife, peel the asparagus from top to bottom and put aside the peels.
- Once you get a classic shape, hit with the knife and break the bottom.
Step 2 – Asparagus cooking
- Thread together the asparagus to prevent from impacts.
- When it starts boilling, salt the water and add the sake that will reduce asparagus bitterness.
- Put in the peels and the bunch of asparagus by the bottom.
- Keep them standing for 2 minutes.
- Then plunge the bunch and cook for 7 minutes until white.
Step 3 – Dressing
- In a bowl, put the honey, egg yolk, Meaux mustard and strong mustard.
- Whisk the mixture and turn it into a mayonnaise.
- When your mixture is whitening, add lightly the grape seed oil.
- Whisk until smooth.
Step 4 – Presentation
- In a plate, place the asparagus next to each other.
- On top of each asparagus, pour your dressing.
- Parsemez de l’œuf dur concassé.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, Espelette chili, a bit of fleur de sel and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
And done! You now have a seasonal recipe as taught by Less Saves The Planet and Aquachefs.