Courgette risotto of Massimo Tringali
Welcome to Italy with the chef Massimo Tringali at Emporio Armanio Ristorante & Caffè in Paris. Hooked by highlighting the food from his native beautiful region of Sicily, he shares his real courgette risotto recipe.
Ingredients for 2
- 160 gr Carnaroli or Vialone nano rice
- 2 courgettes
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 40 gr butter
- 50 gr parmigiano reggiano matured over 36 months
- 500 ml courgette broth
Step 1 – Courgette cream
- Clean and dry the courgettes.
- Cut off the green part in small bits and boil in salt water for 3-4 minutes.
- Let it cool in ice water.
- Only use the white part of the courgette for the broth and cook in water for 30 minutes.
- Blend the green part of the courgette and add a ladle of broth and dazzle of olive oil.
- If you want, you can adjust the salt seasoning.
Step 2 – Risotto
- Warm olive oil in a pan, pour the rice in and let it grill for a few minutes and keep stirring.
- When the rice is bright and simmering, add while stirring the courgette broth.
- When the rice is cooking between 16 to 18 minutes add a ladle of broth one at a time.
- If necessary, salt and pepper.
- Once the cooking is done, put away from the heat and put in the grated parmesan, the cold butter and the courgette cream.
- Mix well until you have a smooth risotto.
Step 3 – Presentation
- In a plate, place the risotto.
- Decorate with a courgette brunoise.
And in Italy, we say: Buon appetito!