Fennel-quinoa of Eric Briffard
For Less Saves The Planet, the Director of the Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu Paris – Eric Briffard has created a zero-waste recipe entirely made from fennel.
- 1 quinoa bag
- 4 fennels
- 1 orange
- 1 blood orange
- Fennel seeds
- Black olives
- Salt/Pepper/Turmeric mix
- Olive oil
Step 1 – Quinoa
- Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes.
- Salt the water and add the Salt/Pepper/Turmeric mix.
- Then cover with 2 volumes of water and let it cook.
Step 2 – Fennel
- Peel the fennel with a knife.
- Extract the dill that will be reused at the end of the recipe.
- Thinly slice fennel.
- Cut the end of both oranges.
- Remove oranges ‘skin with a knife.
- Cut orange’ segments.
Chef’s tip: To fight food-waste, trim the orange’s skin for chocolate orangette or crystallised in sugar.
Step 3 – Seasoning
- In a mixing bol, place the fennel slices.
- Add the dill and boiled fennel seeds.
- Season with olive oil.
Step 4 – Presentation
- In a nice place, put the cooked quinoa.
- Place the seasoned quinoa on top.
- Beautifully decorate the orange segments and add a small portion of quinoa on top.
- Finish with dill and black olives.
Time to eat Less Saves The Planet!