Samphire and pistachio pistou by Gael Orieux
It is nice again to find our chef Gael Orieux in his 1-star-kitchen restaurant Auguste-Paris. Today, he is demonstrating you how to make this tasty recipe that you will probably adore. The Samphire and pistachio pistou is the perfect appetizer for a nice evening with your family and friends.
- 250g samphire
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 75g olive oil and 75g grape seed oil mix
- 80g pistachios
Step 1 – Samphire cooking
- Peel the garlic clove and take off their germs.
- Blanch the samphires in salty boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Put them in ice water.
Step 2 – Pistou preparation
- Put the cold samphires in the blender.
- Add the grape seed and olive oil mixture.
- And then the pistachios and garlic.
- Don’t forget the parmesan cheese.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until creamy.
Step 3 – Presentation
- Slice bread.
- Spread the pistou on top.
- Decorate with a few pistachios.
It is now time to taste how delicious samphire and pistachios are together!