Essential oils to relieve you
Summer is finally here and yet colds and other small illnesses have not totally disappeared. It is therefore important to take care of yourself properly, and for that, some essential oils are very practical! You already know the benefits for the skin, but they don’t just add positivity to your skincare routine. Choose 100% natural plant essences, they are a concentrate of plants and provide very good effects on the body.
Essential oils have different effects depending on where they come from, because of their individual chemical components, and their multiplicity.
Essential oils have in particular :
- Antiseptic, anti-infectious, even antibiotic effects.
Effects on inflammatory and immunological responses: anti-inflammatory, antihistaminic;
Effects on neurological activity: analgesics, calming, anxiolytics, sedatives, antispasmodics, etc. ;
Effects on digestive and elimination activity: diuretics stimulating urinary excretion, laxatives, blockers of nutrient absorption, etc. ;
Effects on the cardiovascular system: antihypertensives, vasopressors, etc;
Effects on the metabolism
Some oils are known for their incredible effects on the body, they can also relieve asthma:
– Peppermint: It has decongestant and antihistamine properties relieving asthma attacks. Indeed an asthma attack is triggered following exposure to allergens such as dust mites and pollen, causing the release of histamine from the body. With peppermint essential oil, the compound will work to inhibit this release of histamine in the body. This oil also has the effect of improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, in short it helps to treat mental fatigue.
2 drops rubbed on your chest, twice a day, will be enough to prevent your asthma attacks.
– Lavender: Lavender essential oil is one of the essential oils that have important sedative and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Numerous studies have shown that the inhalation of lavender essential oil rids you of the inflammation of allergic airways and mucous membrane hyperplasia. A real breath of fresh air for your lungs!
You just have to put several drops in a bowl of hot water. Then inhale the steam from the bowl, which will make you absorb the lavender essential oil and clear your airways.
– Tea Tree: This effective expectorant oil removes mucus from the respiratory system. This essential oil is also effective in relieving respiratory ailments such as cough and bronchitis due to a main compound in the oil which is Terpinen-4-ol, according to a study conducted by the University Institute of Medical Mycology at the University of Tokyo, Japan.
Tea tree essential oil is one of the must-have oils to have at home. You can use it as an antibacterial in your homemade cleaner to disinfect kitchen work surfaces, but also for any minor throat infections, or in case of candidiasis.
Place a clean towel in hot water, wring it out and add a few drops of tea tree oil to the warm wet towel. Breathe through the hot towel until it is cool. Repeat the process until you feel relief.
– Roman chamomile and bergamot: These essential oils are antispasmodics. They relieve asthma symptoms by relieving muscle contractions that narrow the bronchial tubes. According to a study conducted by the Kyoto Medical University in Japan, Roman chamomile and bergamot essential oils have sedative properties that relax the body. This relaxation is necessary because tension accompanies asthma attacks.
Mix a few drops of bergamot and Roman chamomile oils with a little carrier oil and use the mixture to rub on your chest and back. The mixture relieves both mild and severe asthma attacks.
– Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus essential oil has a powerful fragrance that helps to decongest the airways. Its main properties are antiseptic, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, expectorant and cooling. The oil contains eucalyptol, which thins mucus in the respiratory system and allows you to breathe easily.
Add a few drops of the oil to warm water, then breathe in the steam from this combination to expand your congested airways and relax lung spasms.
Because of their very powerful effects, essential oils should not be taken lightly, consume fully edible oils, and follow the directions carefully. It is not a question here of getting rid of drugs, because they have their importance, but of proposing an alternative for certain evils.
They are effective if used properly. They can cause health problems if you use them without control. They should only be used on humans, as they are potentially dangerous for pets. Finally, always check with your experienced practitioner if you have chosen the right oil and the right method of administration.
We post daily on our social networks so you can be up to date every day. You can also share from the options displayed at the bottom of the page, our content on your own networks!
See the article on THE SPELT: THE 3 SUPER CEREAL
See you soon for our next article!